LAST UPDATED: 09 July, 2016; second version
- This is a legal document between Nihonden (“us,” “we,” or “our”) and the visitors, readers, and the audience in general of this website (“users” hereafter).
- This document might have changed since your last visit. Check Last Updated at the beginning.
- This document applies fully to all users who access Nihonden or use its services.
Type of information we collect
- We collect any and all information submitted to us through the various forms on the website, like the contact form or the newsletter subscription form.
- We use tools that track your usage statistics like Google Analytics and Google AdSense.
Use of the information
We use the information to
- Personalize your experience,
- Improve our website,
- Send periodic emails if you sign-up for the same, and
- Administer a contest, promotion, survey, poll, or other site features.
Protection of online privacy
- No one can access the information we collect except for the website administrators.
- All information submitted and automatically collected travels through secure channels into Google’s or our content management systems (ours is WordPress).
- All information can be retrieved only by administrator access, which is extremely limited among our own members.
- We actively seek to protect our users’ information.
Disclosure of collected information
- We don’t sell, trade, or transfer data to outside parties.
- We never disclose personally identifying information to any third-third parties.
- We can, however, disclose information in case ordered by governmental authorities or if required by law.
Subscription to our newsletter
- You can subscribe to the Nihonden newsletter; your email address will be collected to deliver the same.
- You can revoke your membership to this feature at any point by following a link sent in the very newsletter.
- Once you revoke your membership, your email address is removed from our newsletter mailing list, which is how we ensure the newsletter is delivered no more. Needless to say, the moment that happens – we lose the concerned email address and it’s no more kept with us.
Links to other websites
- We often link to other websites and cannot be held responsible for privacy violations arising from these websites as they’re not under our control. Read their privacy policies first.
Provisions for data modification
If you have any kind of privacy problem – we cannot tell what kind of as we don’t even allow user account creation – you can ask us to modify or delete personal information anytime. If we have certain information you want modified or deleted, we’ll be happy to do so.
For such reasons, please contact us using the form at the Contact Us page. If the subject says “Regarding Personal Data,” you can be assured of a prompt and timely response.
Modification to this document
We reserve the right to change, update, or revise the Privacy and Cookies Policy of Nihonden with our sole discretion. We will try to provide a notice prior to any new policies taking effect. What constitutes a change for such notice to be delivered will be determined at our sole discretion. We will use email addresses from our newsletter subscription list to send this notice, and might also put up the notice on the website front page.
Thank you for bearing!